Could you be an indoor fosterer?
01 February 2016
Could YOU be a Fosterer for Cambridge Cats Protection?
If you don’t have a cat of your own, perhaps you could look after a homeless cat in your own home until it finds a permanent home. Fostering is rewarding and varied. Preparing a cat for a new loving permanent home as a CP fosterer can require patience, but the reward is priceless when a frightened little kit starts to purr.
Fosterers need to:
- Have no other pets
- Regularly clean, and change bedding
- Take the cat to the vet, perhaps frequently
- Maintain flea and worm treatments and keep records
- Get to know the cat, to help us find the right new owners
- Prepare the cat for life with their adoptive family
If you could help us look after more abandoned and stray cats in the Cambridge area, Cats Protection cover all costs: supplying heat pads, food, litter, paying vet bills for fosterers. Please ring us on 01223 356999 if you think you can help.
Find out more about what it's like to foster rescue cats before they find their permanent home - read our fosterer Jill's latest update here.